Friday 14 November 2008

Degrees of fatality!?

You'll be glad to know this is not going to be a long post, just thought I'd let you know something that was said by one of my colleagues.

This particular colleague was late into work this morning because there had been an accident on one of the roads into Douglas. They didn't actually see the accident happen or the aftermath as they turned around and took a different route. Anyway later on this morning I had a look on one of the local websites to see if there was a report about the accident. There was and when I told my colleague the details they said "I hope that there were no serious fatalities!"

Now the last time I checked there was only one type of fatality... and that is a very serious one.

Needless to say my colleague has been duly ridiculed and it has kept me amused for the whole morning.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Reminds me of a quote from the film Clue:

Prof. Plum: "What are you scared of, a fate worse than death?"

Mrs Peacock: "No, just death. Isn't that enough?!?"

:o)